
I am always excited for Thanksgiving. But this year, I find myself ecstatic. Why? Because I have a list of things I am thankful for that is a mile long. So, I thought I'd share a few with you.
1. My family. My wonderful husband and daughter. I am head over heels in love with both of them. Amazing parents on both sides. Sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins. Lucky is not a big enough word. I love you all.
2. My friends. Really, these are bunched in the same category as family. I have an amazing group of friends. Friends from all walks of life. Friends that would be there for me at 2am if I needed them. Thank you.
3. Health. Good health for my family and for myself. I have recently been reminded of those who are not healthy. Those that are fighting terrible diseases and ailments. It makes the little things I worry about seem so insignificant. It is a good reality check for me. It reminds me not to take things for granted. For that I am thankful.
4. Being able to provide for our family. With the current state of our economy, I am even more thankful to have a good job. Tom has a good job. We can provide for our family. Many cannot do this. Whenever I start to complain about my job, I remember this.
5. On that same note, I am thankful to get to stay home part time with Ella. I am glad to have the opportunity to spend as much time with her as possible, while still getting to help support our little family. While I always long to stay home full time with Ella, I remember that many Moms don't have that choice.
I certainly recognize that not one of the things I am thankful for would be possible without God. Ultimately, He gives us our wonderful family and friends. He gives us health. He provides for us. And to Him, for all these things, I am thankful.
6 comments:
Amen, sister! We all have so much to be thankful for. I loved reading all your reasons to be grateful...it put a little perspective into my life.
I, too, loved your post.
As I sit here at work, complaining mentally about having to be here, I was remindeded that many would kill to be in my shoes - with a good, stable job. Thank you for the change of perspective which I needed!
Love the new look on your blog!
Can't stinkin' wait to see you in just days....for THAT I am thankful :)
what a beautiful post! Hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving!
so true, April. Very sweet post and encouraging for all of us to read!!! Now, lets eat some pumpkin pie and turkey!!!!
What a great post! We are all very lucky! Happy Thanksgiving Veos! I am so thankful to have you as such a great friend in my life!
Beautiful, April. Thanks for helping us realize that we all have a lot to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment